We offer several types of environmental testing to ensure that your home is safe for your family. While each of these services are very important in certain situations, very few clients require all the testing services we offer.
- Termite Inspection: Some times required by the lender and always a good idea.
- Radon Testing: Indiana is listed by the EPA as one of the most "at risk" state for this gas known to cause serious and sometimes deadly illness.
- Water Testing: We will collect a water sample and send it to a lab to have a complete analyses. We recommend that you know what's in your water and some lenders require a lab test on homes with a well.
- Mold Testing: It is rare for us to recommend mold testing. If there is mold colony actively growing in a home, there is a moisture issue. The most important thing is to identify and resolve the moisture issue. However, if a family member is sensitive to a particular strain of fungi identification does become necessary.
- Septic System Testing: If your home has a septic system instead of a municipal sewage system, we advise a dye test.
- Lead Testing: Most homes built before 1978 contain lead based paint. Lead is known to cause health issues if it is ingested, especially in small children. If you notice paint chips around the exterior where the house was scraped and painted or you plan on refinishing the walls and woodwork in an older home you may want it tested.